Icom IC-7300 HF/50 MHz Direct Sampling Base Transceiver with Touch Screen Color TFT LCD, 100 Watts
- Built-in automatic antenna tuner. Cooling fan system. Multi-function meter
- 101 channels (99 regular, 2 scan edges). Output power: 100W (25W AM). RX Frequencies: 0.030-74.800
- SD memory card slot for saving data. CW functions: full break-in, CW reverse, CW auto tuning.
- SSB, CW, RTTY, AM, FM modes.
- The large 4.3” color TFT touch LCD offers intuitive operation of functions, settings, and various operational visual aids such as the band scope, waterfall function, and audio scope.
New technology is changing the way receivers are being designed and the IC-7300 is an industry first as an RF, Direct Sampling System is being used in an entry level HF radio.
The ability to digitize RF before various receiver stages reduces the inherent noise that is generated in the different IF stages of a radio. We feel the performance of the ‘7300 will far exceed your expectations for a radio considered entry level.
The IC-7300 employs an RF direct sampling system, where RF signals are directly convert to digital data. Then processed in the FPGA (Field-Programmable Gate Array), making it possible to simplify the circuit construction as well as reduce noise that can mask weak signals.
The new “IP+” improves the 3rd order intercept point (IP3) performance improving the ability to copy a weak signal that is adjacent to either a strong interfering signal. In this process, A/D converter is optimized to reduce or eliminate signal distortion.
The IC-7300’s RMDR is about 97dB* (typical value) improving the Phase Noise characteristics by about 15dB (at 1 kHz frequency separation). The superior Phase Noise characteristics reduce noise components for both receive and transmit signals. The RF Direct Sampling is protected by an array of bandpass filters. The signal passes through one of the fifteen bandpass filters, where signals outside the passband are rejected.
To reduce the insertion loss, the IC-7300 utilizes High Q factor coils. The large 4.3” color TFT touch LCD offers intuitive operation of functions, settings, and various operational visual aids such as the band scope, waterfall function, and audio scope. Like on the high-end rigs, the waterfall shows a change of signal strength over a period of time and allows you to find weak signals that may not be apparent on the spectrum scope.